1. What is your usual Starbucks order?
I normally buy Costa, but I would say seasonal drinks are my goto. Especially ginger or cinnamon lattes. They are amazing.
2. What does your workstation look like right now?
This is what my home desk looks like. I take the red mechanical keyboard to work with me because it’s so good.
3. All time favourite food?
It used to be steak and chips, but since going vegan, I’ve gone for Mousakka Bowls, it’s just so tasty. ?
I don’t read a lot a lot of fictional books and I’ve gotten into reading a lot of self-help books. Tim Ferriss has been great, as well as Dale Carnegie and Anthony Robbins are a few of my faves.
5. What do you think of open relationships?
If that’s what someone wants, and it works, then why not? However, I wouldn’t personally go for something like this, and believe I have found my “one”. We are married (3 years), and I wouldn’t change a thing.
6. What is your favourite video game?
I play so many games. However, my all-time favourite would be the Batman Arkham series. Mainly the first two, but Knight is pretty good. BoTW is also a great game, and it blew my mind. I’m also always jumping onto Destiny 2 whenever there are new updates.
7. Guilty pleasure treat?
Doughnuts, uuuuugggghhh I love doughnuts. I can literally eat a whole pack in one sitting. 😂
8. Favourite movie?
Batman the Dark Knight trilogy (of course). Also, I have to watch The Nightmare Before Christmas and Die Hard during the Christmas period.
9. Favourite book?
Tools of Titans by Tim Ferriss has so many great golden nuggets. The Chimp Paradox because it helped me understand my mind.
10. Twitter or Instagram?
Twitter, because I’ve made so many great connections. Instagram is still alien to me. I keep going back to it and retrying but quickly get bored.
11. Desktop or laptop?
Desktop, there’s no competition in my mind. Yes, a laptop is portable, but a desktop has MORE POWER!
12. Best advice you’ve ever received?
Believe in yourself.
13. What project are you working on right now?
Moving my blog from VueJS to WordPress (I’m back).
14. Favourite colour?
15. Did you get good grades at school?
Ahahahaha I did not. Most were Ds and Es with one C in ICT. However, I believe I’ve come so far in life, and the grades haven’t had too much of an impact on my life.
16. Dream job?
To get paid and not have to work. 😂
If I do have to work, then I would love to be able to write, film and make websites that are all my own projects, while being funded for them. Anything that can help others, and the environment.
17. Played any sports?
Yes, and I have found so much love for CrossFit. I honestly had no idea what it was until I saw people flipping some tyres, and thinking… “I want to do what they’re doing”. I’m still yet to flip a tyre though.
18. Do you have a degree?
I do not
20. What is your favourite kind of blog post to do?
I do like to write very personal and relatable blog posts.
21. What do you like to collect?
Books and Games 😁
22. Describe yourself in three words
Chilled, anxious, and I have so much love to give.
23. If you were a rapper what would your rapper name be?
24. Who was the last person you DMed?
A friend named Jason, and how he managed to finally get himself a Series X.
25. What’s on the top of your wish list right now?
To save up for a deposit and get my wife and I our first home.
26. Hogwarts house?
If I remember correctly, then I think I am HufflePuff.
27. How many tattoos do you have?
Just one, and it’s a small tattoo on my shoulder. I got it done on third visit to Download Festival. It’s the Download Dog, and it didn’t hurt. Also, I’m very surprised it didn’t get infected as I got it done on the first day.
28. What are you most grateful for this year?
Still being in work when so many people are losing their jobs right now.
29. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month?
Ordering food from Tam’s kitchen. Honestly, this month has been very stressful. Especially at work, so I’m really grateful for the little things this month.
30. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today?
Having some “me” time with my wife.
31. What’s the best thing ever?
Cuddles with my cat, listening to music and watching endless amounts of TV with my wife.
32. Favourite season?
Summer for swimming weather. Autumn because of the colourful trees and perfect temperatures.
33. Favourite holiday?
What are holidays? 😂
34. Which fictional character do you relate to most?
I want to say Bruce Wayne, but that wouldn’t be 100% true. It would probably be Columbus from ZombieLand. Full of anxiety, but manages find ways to keep surviving.
35. Do you like surprises?
I absolutely love surprises!
36. What’s the biggest surprise you’ve ever had?
My wife surprised me on my birthday with a tandem skydive, and it was honestly the best thing I have ever done. She’s going to have a hard time to beat that to be honest.
37. What’s a surprise that made you cry?
When my mum bought me a goldfish. 😂 I was fairly young, and I think my other fish passed away so it was a great surprise.
38. What’s the best surprise you’ve ever given anyone?
I’m not the best at giving surprises, but I remember Valentine’s Day with my wife. This was before we were married, and I hid lots of bits in random places. We then took a trip to the beach with a picnic basket, and sat watching the sunset with some champagne, food and great company.
39. Do you like muffins?
Who doesn’t like muffins?!? They’re amazing, and there’s so many varieties, it would be hard to not like them.
40. Do you cook often?
Almost daily, and on the days I don’t we either microwave some frozen food I’ve cooked beforehand, or grab a takeaway from our favourite vegan restaurants.
41. What’s your favourite dessert?
Apple pie, apple crumble, or apple strudel. Can you tell I like apples? 😂
42. Is there a dessert you don’t like?
I don’t think there is if I’m honest. I am a huge foody.
43. Cake or pie?
Pie, definitely pie.
44. What’s your least favourite food?
Before I went vegan, it would be fish and anything proper fishy. I didn’t mind cod or scampi, but salmon or bass was disgusting. Vegan wise, I don’t think I have a least favourite food, it’s all been amazing so far.
45. What’s your favourite condiment?
Barbecue or tomato sauce.
46. It’s 4am on a Saturday night, what would you eat?
Peanut butter and jam on toast.
47. If you could teach a college class what would it be called?
Hmm… it would be something about self-acceptance and kindness / inclusivity towards ourselves and others.
48. Best animated film?
Up and Lion King (the original) are my faves.
49. What has a guy/girl done or said to impress you?
Been honest with me and consistently being there through the hard times as well as the great times.
50. Best thing to do on a first date?
Anything, I’m very easily pleased.
51. Worst thing to do on a first date?
Being rude and hurtful, or trying to show off.
52. What’s the funniest pick up line a guy could use on a girl?
Hello, do you come here often?
53. Best comic book character?
54. What are three things that are always in your purse?
Keys, wallet and phone.
55. Favourite drink?
56. If you could play a historical character who would it be?
57. Kittens or puppies?
Kittens. I have 3 cats which used to be 5, and I love every single one of them.
58. Favourite sushi roll?
59. What kind of lipstick do you use?
60. What kind of foundation do you use?
I do not
61. Blow dry or air dry?
Air dry as it’s more natural, and doesn’t damage your hair.
62. Who is your fashion icon?
I don’t do fashion.
63. Favourite Disney character?
If Disney now own the movie rights to Marvel, can I include a Marvel character? Then I would pick Captain America. Otherwise, I would pick Woody from Toy Story.
64. What are you doing tomorrow?
65. Movie you laughed the hardest through?
Most recently, I would say Holidate, that was a pretty funny movie.
66. Movie that made you cry?
Our Planet by David Attenborough. Seeing the animals being killed because of deforestation and our destructive behaviour really hit me. I really hope we can turn things around.
67. If you could sing a duet with someone who would it be?
My best buddy Joshua Doidge.
68. If your life was a song what would the title be?
Here’s to us by Halestorm.
69. What’s your favourite animal?
Cheetahs, I absolutely love them and would love to rescue them as my job. Also, red pandas are super cute.
70. Favourite illustrator?
I’ve never really thought about this to be honest.
71. Person you want to have coffee with?
72. What country do you wish to visit?
Sweden and Finland would be two I’d love to visit. Mostly because of the metal music scene there.
73. Best way to decompress?
Playing computer games, and binge watching TV with my wife.
If you’d like a weekly email in your inbox, please join the newsletter by entering your email address below.