Just today, I was looking at using a ternary operator in Laravel's Blade templating system and thought to myself... There must be a better way of doing this. After a quick Google aanndd... BEHOLD THE OR STATEMENT! Since version 4.1 they managed to sneak in this or statement and it's managed to bypass so many people (I figured this out by the lack of voices shouting about this on Google).
Page 28 of 28
This little command is a lifesaver and will save you so much time when switching and merging previous branches in your GIT workflow.
I have managed to create a dynamic navigation package for Laravel which can be seen in my previous post. If you go to Packagist you will be able to find my package under checkeredmichael/navigation.
Thanks to this very Laravel topic over at Laravel.io and Josh Benham I managed to find out how to make my very own
Recently I have been finding out the slight differences between Windows and Linux for use with Laravel and Composer. One difference is Windows isn't picky about the way you set out Composer's packages which can be a major problem. Here's the issue I had and what I had to do to get it going...
I've been wanting to make a social networking website for a long time, one which will rival the big guys. I also thought about maybe doing it following the footsteps of Mark Zuckerberg by recording my steps live on my Blog and get feedback to what others think. That way, I can create something which everyone wants and unleash something which almost everyone will love.
Previously on a Laravel project, I had to have a slug within my routes which would point to two different tables within my database. I needed a controller which would do the thinking for me. And by this I mean, in my routes I would have...
Of becoming a Web Master. It's been a while since I properly posted on my Blog. And so I wondered the best way to go about this. As I went back to my old site and old Blog. I looked at it and I couldn't help but think that the way of making templates on Blogger was a bit too tedious and slap-dashed and was in need of a new website.