A few days ago, I posted, “How being comfortable is ruining your life“. And one of my readers said… “Would be really interesting to see what you put down for the future me 1/2 – if it’s not too personal, of course.”.
Which is the reason for this post. I will write down all my vague future plans for other’s to read. If you would like to do the same, please feel free.
- Buy a house – We currently rent, and we would love our own house.
- Holiday abroad – I’ve never left the country, and we were planning a trip to Corfu earlier this year. However, COVID meant we couldn’t do this. Now, our trip abroad has become vague once again.
- Getting a dog – I now work from home and hope to keep this benefit well into the future. It would be really nice to have a dog that gets on with my cats, and I can take walks.
- My own gaming room – it would be lovely to have my own gaming room so I can game without disturbing my wife.
- A CrossFit garage – this would be so good. For the times I feel like working out alone or doing extra workouts.
- Office space – currently, my “office” is in my front room, and it’s such a shame because I can’t switch mental queues or move around as much as I would like.
- A pond – It would be great if we could have some wildlife in our hopefully large garden.
How would I describe my life if I had done it all?
I would be super comfortable in my life and wouldn’t be able to ask for any more. I can picture a lovely back garden with vibrant and colourful flowers, trees and lots of wildlife. There would be a place where I can get away to work, and another place for gaming. It would be absolutely bliss and I would have so much freedom.
How would I describe my life if I had done nothing?
I’d still be working to pay off my debts while in the same 1-bedroom flat. My wife and I would have each other and our 3 cats but we’d have a lot of regrets. I would feel like I’ve failed in life and thinking how I should have done more. It wouldn’t be the worst life but it also wouldn’t be the best life.
Advice future me 1 would give to me now
Keep on pushing to do more. Stay on track and don’t falter from your path. The little things you do now will have a huge impact in your future. However, you need to keep going and don’t stop until you exceed your goals.
Regrets future 2 me would have
I’d have regrets for not being able to purchase and own my own home. I would also have regrets that I wasn’t living my full life. Or being able to carry out the tasks I wanted to in life. If I don’t have a home, I can’t have a pond, or kit it out with everything I wanted to.
What caused future me 2 a lot of pain (Non-negotiables)
Just a heads up, if you didn’t watch the video in my previous post, this will make no sense to you.
- If I had to buy a house within 5 years, I would clear my debts and save like crazy. Otherwise, my wife would be held hostage and held for ransom if I didn’t do it. If my wife were being held for ransom, I would be able to do this. I would blog more and build a larger audience while working full-time. I could go into contracting at a higher rate to bring in more money faster.
- If I don’t go on holiday after COVID has become less of an issue, my cats will get skinned alive. Of course, I definitely 100% don’t want my cats skinned alive. I would do this by saving and planning for a date for when COVID has gone. I would plan a trip to Corfu as that’s where we wanted to go for my birthday. There will be no excuses not to do this.
I have actually already started my cup list. Things like…
- Get wedding ring finger tattooed
- Dust house
- Fix kitchen cupboards
Have been done and it made me feel really good. If you would like to create a post and share it with me, please feel free to do so.
If you enjoyed this post, please consider supporting me on Ko-Fi.