May was a good month for me. I celebrated my 30th birthday and saw my mum at the same time. We hadn’t seen each other in over a year because of COVID, so it was really nice to finally surprise each other.
Toward the end of the month, our government started to open up pubs and restaurants, and we checked into a pop-up restaurant. The food was absolutely lovely, and it was the one and only Tam’s kitchen.
May is also filled with bank holidays, and the end of May brought us beautiful warm weather. On Saturday we went to Paignton Zoo with my brother, his fiancé and their kids (my nephews). On Sunday, we went to my mother-in-law’s and had a barbecue while chasing the Sun around the garden.
Finally, we spent yesterday, our bank holiday Monday in Coombe Hill Wood, Glastonbury with my sister-in-law and her fiancé. It was well shaded with some fields. It was a great walk which we ended with a few beers in a local pub.
Overall, May has been good to us, and I’m really looking forward to seeing what June brings. Hopefully, it’s been good to you or even better, and I hope you have a great June, too.
May blog posts
That’s all I posted in May, which is a bit of a shame. However, I have been recording podcasts which you can listen to here.
I noticed I didn’t create a “Hello May, Goodbye April” post, so here’s all of the posts I created in April too.
- Sometimes you need to move backwards in order to move forward
- Closing a business isn’t failing, it’s a reason to celebrate
- Working out with sore muscles
- Being added to PHPNews
- Getting back in the game
- Things are opening up here in the UK
- Tam’s Kitchen Vegan Takeaway Review
- Li’l Mama’s Vegan Kitchen Review
- Selling merchandise on spreadshirt
- Forcing yourself to write
- To be or not to be found
- Easter bank holiday
- The one time I felt like Batman
- A war on ants
- Goodbye March, Hello sweet April 2021